About the MPEA Tax Stamp App
MPEA Tax Stamp mobile application provides Chicago area taxi drivers a quick and easy way to purchase virtual tax stamps for Midway and O’Hare airport terminal access. Taxi drivers can create an account using their driver’s license and purchase MPEA stamps for use at the terminals. Kiosks are available in the airport taxi lots accepting cash or credit cards. The taxi drivers can load stamps to their existing mobile account or purchase paper stamps.
- Register for an MPEA Tax Stamp account in order to save payment options and purchase stamps.
- No minimums
- Make mobile purchases without leaving your taxi and avoid lines at the kiosk.
- View purchased stamps in the History section.
- Add and modify payment options.
- Display stamp QR code to be scanned at the terminal.
Taxi lot kiosks
- Payment types accepted are cash and credit card.
- Load stamps to mobile accounts linked by the Driver’s License number.
- Print paper stamps in packs of 5.
- Paper stamps will contain a QR code to be presented and scanned at the terminal.
- All stamps purchased will continue to track driver data.
- Both airports including the suburban call line will continue to operate in the same manner.
- The Starter will scan tax stamps from a mobile device or paper codes printed at the kiosk.
- As a driver you should confirm your tax stamp balance before proceeding to the terminal line.